Sunday, August 29, 2010

Awesome weekend...

Last week Tony saw his Dr. She said Tony is doing well and to keep up with the Fragmin injections and meds. Try to rest. His next scan is mid Oct and his next appt to find out results is October 18. If the tumor is the same or smaller then he will undergo another round of HD IL-2 treatments. That is one week in hospital, one out, another week in and another out. Please pray....We are both trying to LIVE and NOT focus on this right now...I LOVE the living part of our life!!! We are having a good time celebrating NOT being in the hospital right now and trying to focus on our life together. We had a nice weekend just getting away and enjoying each other. We frequent Marriott hotels so we have lots of reward points. How awesome to stay away for a weekend for free!!!! We went to Bardstown this weekend and went to Makers Mark, Wild Turkey and Heaven Hill (makers of Elijah Craig and Evan Williams) YES I LOVE bourbon! We had alot of fun! WE REALLY needed to get away from here, away from Ohio and away from the hospital. We also went to Bluegrass Speedway and watched a big race...ummmm This was the DIRTIEST race I have ever been to...didn't like it much..at all. Imagine ME covered in dirt...ughhhh well never mind...don't do that! BUT I am all about trying....I tried. And I smiled!! Watching some young Amish couples smoke and get drunk was toooo funny! WOW they were drinking and running to the bathrooms ALL night! I don't think I've EVER seen that many drunks at a race either....I felt a little out of place! I should have snuck in some bourbon!! I don't drink beer much at races...i HATE to stand in line to pee!!!
My rash is getting a LITTLE better...Tony's dry itchy skin is a little better. He still LOOKS like he doesn't feel well and just seems very tired but everyday he is getting better. I have to go back to work tomorrow and am dreading it but looking forward to seeing some friends that I've missed. Thank you Jesus for prayers answered. I don't ask the impossible...just to help us get through TODAY. Thank you for that...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment