Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday...after 1st and 2nd HD IL-2 dose

Well Tony had his first HD IL-2 (high dose Interleukin-2) at 3pm. He was doing ok for a little bit. Then BOOM. He is feeling horrible and weak and nauseous. He started shaking and is freezing. I have 4 covers on him now and his prayer shawl that was a gift from friends, I also have on the bright hot light above his bed. They gave him Demerol (helps with shaking (rigors) and cold) and they also gave him 2 different meds for nausea, finally an IV med since he threw up his pill. Now he sleeps...Thank you Jesus, He sleeps! The doctor and friends in my Kidney cancer chat said that second round IL-2 will kick his ass! and they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy....so now I will just pray and try to keep myself strong for Tony. He ate a chicken wrap for lunch but nothing since noon. It is now 9pm. Please pray for Tony tonight..I will finish this blog after his 11pm dose. Please continue to pray for my mom as she is not doing well, the docs don't think her heart can withstand any type of surgery..so just pray for Brenda, my mom has to be ok. And our best friends, Rick and Jenny, Their Grandma (Ricks) is in ICU right now, she had a stroke and is not expected to recover. Please pray for all tonight???? please.....
It's 11:15 pm now and Tony just got his second dose. He really hasn't woke up much since I was typing this earlier....I have to sleep now. I was up ALL night last night for some reason..I think it had something to do with a Large sweet tea from McDonalds! ughhh I didn't make that mistake again! Tony woke up for a few and was HOT..i had to peel off covers and turn a/c back down. Sadness is stting in right now...I need sleep...goodnight all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment