Sunday, October 24, 2010

We're Backkkkkk! Sunday

Tony has ask me to continue with the blog so I'm typing right now looking out at the beautiful nighttime skyline view from our room, one whole wall is windows! Today we got the call to come down at 9:30am, being a seasoned IL-2 patient, we realized that all they do on Sunday is paperwork and bulls@#$ SO we waited until I made breakfast, cleaned up, send a couple thank you notes, took some Ibuprofen for my hangover, watched some football, ate lunch and finally left about 4. We are way better prepared NOW then we were for the past round of treatments! I bought a tub of Eucerin to slather on Tony to prevent dry itching (he is getting it if he wants it or NOT!) Brought some snacks so I do not starve! I know the things that need to be done and asked now to help Tony have a better experience here! I AM HERE for HIM, to make things as comfortable as possible for him..I will rest next week! Everything in my life except him can wait. Obviously we are here because his CAT scan results were good! His tumor is smaller, so the doc wants to do more treatment. Same as last time..he will be here one week, home resting one week, in hospital another week and home recovering..then scan. If it works more..he might have even more treatment after this or possible surgery to remove the tumor. We are not sure..we just have to get through THIS day, and then the next day and then the next. I tried to read some past blogs of mine..OMG I can't read that..the pain that I felt and watched..brought me to tears..I hated being reminded....
Dear Heavenly Gracious Father..please comfort and hold Tony in your loving arms and let him feel and know the love that you have for him and watch over and guide the medical staff as they start the process of treating him in the morning, please provide comfort and understanding and patience to me as I watch this battle take place, ease the pain that cancer has caused so many people..Please provide continuing comfort and peace to my Aunt Martha as her life will end before her time because of this horrible desease..And I ask for love and warmth for the Hardin family..another life lost to cancer..may you rest in peace Ed...I ask this in your name..Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am praying in agreement with you Teri! Sending you lots of love and hugs and prayers! You take care of yourself while you're taking care of Tony! Can't wait to hear another good news report after he's done with this round!

    Blessings to you both! Remember,
    His Anchor Holds ~ Leigh

    ReplyDelete