Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Once again...I have no idea what day it is

Tony's dose last night went off as planned, we were watching the Bengals lose again and I was nodding off. Everything was fine until about 12:30 OR 1:00 I think, then he started with Rigors, they gave him Demerol, and it worked for a couple hrs. Then more rigors, they gave him more Demerol, then even more. We are guessing that the more IL-2 he gets the more often he gets Rigors. Then we slept on/off until his 6:30 dose was getting ready. They had to give him lots of fluids to keep his pressure up at this point. Rich, the nurse, will always do what he can to make sure Tony stays on the 8th floor AND gets his IL-2. He got off at 7 and we had a new nurse...it's shocking to me how many nurses are SCARED TO DEATH of IL-2 and it's side effects. She took his blood pressure once and said he was going to MICU. Then he started getting Rigors, and she gave him Demerol THEN wanted to do an EKG to make sure he was stable....ummmm he was freezing, shaking off the bed, I even had the heat lamp turned on for him and his eyes covered and she uncovered him to put EKG leads on...UMMMMMM I told her she could have waited 3 minutes until the meds kicked in and he got warm. I stood there with my hands on my hips giving that bitch Teri look that everyone has seen. I covered him back up before she was even finished unhooking him. Then they went to push him downstairs and he started having Rigors again. SHIT. And again the MICU nurses are clueless about what to do. After a half hour they finally gave him more Demerol and he could relax. A HALF HOUR. I have been moving his arms around, stretching them and massaging Ben-Gay on his sore shoulders...the Rigors hurt him so bad last week and now this half hour did him in...his shoulders are so bad he can't hardly move. He can barely hold his phone to his ear. Poor Baby. I told them how to hook up his IV's so he could go to the bathroom, the nurse was skeptical and of course didn't listen. She said he could use the bed pan....ummmmm I reminded her we got a room with a bathroom and shower so he could use it. Tony has gotten up the last 3 weeks and went to the bathroom, I unhook everything and help him and then I hook it back up. I had the Dr. come to our room, the Dr told the nurse that he could get up and go. And then she wanted me to show her that I can unhook and hook him back up. I did. She said Ok. His pressure has dropped very low and he is getting the max amount of Neo to raise it. But it has started to get better..they skipped his 2:30 dose. They said renal failure isn't something to play around with and need to make sure everything goes back to normal, sometimes it doesn't work like that...sometimes it doesn't go back to normal. Tony has been very lucky.
The MICU room that we are in is big, has a bathroom, has a perfect corner with a window. My recliner fits perfect, I even have a nightstand...yaaaay! I am comfortable right now, Tony is trying..we are waiting for 7..then we get another nurse. We are not sure why everytime we're here he gets a nurse that is OCD and nervous and weird.
Ok so I just found out Tony will not get another dose of IL-2 today. His blood pressure is only normal because the Neo is maxed out at 250mg. (all day) and they had to give him Bicarbonate, magnesium, lasiks and less heparin. He has been vomiting and just feeling like shit. So they want him to rest tonight..I could use some too...the 225 times I covered/uncovered yesterday...well multiply that by 2 for today! BUT I'm smiling...Tony even said he liked my haircut and I seemed chipper. THAT is because I have found my peace for now....I know everything is going to be as God planned. That is my peace.....We are getting some rest tonight I hope..hopefully Tony will get his 6:30am dose tom. morn. Please pray for strength, comfort and peace for Tony...and of course strength and understanding and patience for me....Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment