Wednesday, November 10, 2010

4 more days until HOME!!!!!!!!

Last night was longgggggg, I really don't remember alot of what happened today. My mind tends to forget what is painful for me and today was. Tony had his dose of IL-2 at 7:00am today and very quickly started feeling bad. The doctors made their rounds while Tony was having rigors, laying under a heat lamp, couldn't talk and was in tons of pain. They said more Demerol could be used and Benadryl which helps. After they left Tony got worse....he was in so much pain..I have never seen him like that before. Maybe after his Neprectomy (kidney removal) but I'm not sure. Because of the rigors from last week that hurt his shoulders and the ones from yesterday that lasted FOREVER, his muscles were very sore, his back that has been bad on/off for 3 yrs was hurting so bad today from shaking and getting tense that he was actually turning blue holding his breath because it hurt him so much to breathe. His heart rate went up to around 170. They gave him so much painkillers that I couldn't even understand him when he tried to talk. No matter what he did, what I did, what the nurses did, he was still in unbearable pain. I put my chair next to his bed and just touched him and prayed and prayed and cried. He said his arms hurt so bad that they should just cut them off, he was begging for help. He couldn't even hold his cup to take a drink they hurt so bad. He could not turn over in bed, he couldn't do anything...not even just lay there. He was miserable...I was miserable. Jessica, our fav nurse came down to visit and said she would make him some hot pads, so she went and made him some and brought them back. I had been doing range of motion exercises with his arms and shoulders all day (so much that I am sore)and mobilization of his shoulders. Which finally started to help. Then I put the heat pads on his shoulders for about an hour, THEN I stretched both arms alot. Then heat pads again. Tony now thinks I'm an angel....he can now turn over in bed and eat his soup. He could not do ANYTHING before. I think he has said "thank you baby" or "thank you so much" about as many times as I have fixed his blankets today. So yaaaaay...Tony feels better! He MIGHT get another dose at 10:30..if they do then tomorrow the blog will be just like this one! (blah, i hope not) They have now prescribed him a muscle relaxer too. So maybe we will at least be better prepared for this pain tonight. I could really SERIOUSLY go on and on about the hell of today but I really don't want to think anymore...I just can't. On a good note, I showered, dried my hair, put on a little makeup, went downstairs and bought some Lo Mein for dinner...Tony ate some too. I got out of this room for a few. I changed his bed, changed his clothes, got him up and in a chair for a few, brought him some Diet Dew and now we are resting and waiting until the next dose of "hell in a bag". Our lives will be normal very soon...Thank you Jesus for answering so many prayers today...Tony has found peace and comfort tonight and I am one unbelievable strong woman, thank you for that...Thank you soooo much...Amen

1 comment:

  1. God....please put your arms around our very special friends that are so dear to our hearts...give them comfort and peace in this hell on earth they are going through.. continue to give them strength to fight and beat this sickness!....Amen

    ReplyDelete