Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tony is back to work...yaaaaay!

I know every time I write I say "I know I haven't blogged for a while" but I haven't. It's interesting to me that no one seems to read any ones "cancer" blog if they are healthy. People are so stunned about cancer or trauma recovery or anything bad but no one really takes the time to read a "cancer" blog if the patient is doing well. I'm not mad...I do it too. Isn't it just a shame that once ALL the awful horrible stuff is over everyone thinks it's over. BUT it's actually never over. NEVER. This last set of scans scared the shit out of me. The week he was scheduled to have his last scans...I was soooooo moody. I just didn't want to be bothered with anything or anyone. It's almost subconcious! Kidney cancer seems to always be a returning demon. In our life. In almost every ones life that I know with kidney cancer. The issue I have with blogging is I'm the same as everyone else......well he's done with IL-2, his surgery is over, so everything must be ok....lets not think about it today..and it might not come back. I'm guilty too. Well the scan showed a 3.3cm x 1.4cm x 1.4cm of hypodensity between the tail of the pancreas and the anterior superior aspect of the left kidney. I didn't like this news one bit. The oncologist wasn't crazy about it. BUT the next day the surgical oncologist wasn't "quite" AS worried. He wants to compare it to the last disc. BUT since the insurance company made Tony go someplace else for this last scan the doctor will have to get a copy of the disc and get back to us. He said it could just be some scarring or leakage from the surgery. I can't bring myself to be overly positive or overly negative right now. I HATE this cancer roller coaster more than I have hated anything in my life. It is what is is. I have always hated roller coasters anyway...the constant up and down makes me sick. So does this. I am super upbeat and awesome for Tony..just ask him. He will tell you he's pretty spoiled. Actually we spoil each other! BUT I can't jump back on that coaster just waiting for the fall again. "I" can't. I just CAN'T! Some people can. BUT I bet they haven't been in my shoes.....
The past couple months Tony has been healing, he realized that even if he gets so much as a small sinus infection he has to take more hydro cortisone and Florinef or he will be in bed for a couple days. I really take for granted what adrenalin does for me....Tony doesn't produce adrenalin now since his adrenal gland removal...so he is still learning how to take his meds when needed. This will be a long learning process. It is not cut and dry!
I hear him up now. He starts midnight shift tonight...so our awesome Sunday was cut kind of short so he could get some rest. He only worked 2 days last week so this week he will for sure be tired. BUT he has a lot of vacation time. I hope he uses some every week and doesn't let himself get too worn out. I can tell by looking at him when he needs more rest..I will remind him often!
We are looking forward to our vacation this year...when he was going through all that awful hellish IL-2 and felt like dying..he told me he wanted to go to Maine. So we are going to Maine next month. Staying at a quaint B&B in a harbor town and will be eating lobster and crab all week! Oh yeah...and some really awesome breakfasts! I need some R&R like you would not believe! We both do!
Tony planted his garden this year! Just like last year. Only last year he planted it the day we found out his cancer returned. And we had a few friends and my sissy harvesting the garden because we were at the hospital ALL summer and fall and winter AND this spring. We wasted so much and had to throw away because we just couldn't do it. I am ever so thankful for this year!!! LAST YEAR SUCKED!
I feel so joyful and relieved and fresh when I see Tony outside working in the garden. It just makes me smile. I bought him a new zero-turn mower this year...he had problem after problem with his mower. Everyone that cut our grass last year had problems. SO I bought him a new mower for his 4 yr cancer survivor anniversary. NOW he flies around the yard on his new ExMark and I don't have to worry about him or that damn belt! It makes him happy and whole being outside. And what makes him happy makes me happy. Sometimes when I'm getting ready for work or doing dishes or something near a window, I will look out and see him walking out by the pond...I ALWAYS stop in my tracks and watch him, I get teary eyed and smile and say Thank you to Jesus for THAT man, I thank him for giving me more time with Tony. I thank him for relieving Tony of the pain that he experienced in the past 12 months. I thank God for "US".
Well right now Tony isn't "cancer free", he isn't even "NED" (no evidence of disease) He is just Tony, the strong fighter, the great dad, the wonderful husband and just a really really really really good man! Please pray for the NED thing....please. Too many of my Kidney Cancer friends have died recently.....I can't stand any more death!!!! I just can't! Please keep praying....

4 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob,Dairies,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid. disease,Lupus,Lipoid Storage diseases( Gauchers disease),Polycystic Disease.,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Cirrhosis of Liver,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic,HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete