Monday, July 26, 2010

IL-2 1st and 2nd dose

The docs were supposed to start IL-2 at 2ish today, after about 20 trips in here for tests and drugs and shots etc they finally started it about 3pm. Tony felt fine, he was hungry, His sister and Her husband came by for a while. As she was hugging him bye he looked at me....I could tell right then he was feeling the effects already..the look in his eyes. As they were walking out he told me he felt like shit. He started shaking, said he was freezing and wanted another cover. His blood pressure will be the reason he goes into intensive care tom. or Wed. It is already down to 90/50 and he has a fever. I walked back in from getting some water and he said "will you stay with me?" I said "of course..that's what I'm here for baby". I was planning on going home for Roxy but now Ashley and Meghan ate here (Tony's girls) so I can stay and they can let Roxy out and bring me my meds and clothes! THANKS! I finally made it downstairs to get some food and some air...by the time I came back Tony just felt worse..wow this stuff is going to kick his ass and I hope cancers ass! We started a movie "The Proposal" earlier and finally finished after dinner...we both laughed and forget about all this stuff for a few! They came back in about 20 more times to prepare him for his second round of IL-2, they gave him so many meds today ughhh. They started it about 10:30. Right this second his IV beeper KEEPS going off and Tony just wants to sleep....WTH???? I can tell this is going to be harder than I expected...and that means it's pretty freaking hard. I'm scared and I HATE when I can't help...and I can't. Not with his pain or his cancer..BUT I can be here for him and I can move his pillow every ten minutes when he asks or cover him again or push the call button, or get his urinal or just hug..we've needed several today! Dear Heavenly Father please wrap your loving arms around Tony and heal him of this poison and help him be strong during this time of suffering, please watch over and guide the doctors to make the right decisions for him and please Dear God please give me strength...if this is your will. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment