Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday and the famous IL-2

Last night was a typical night in the hospital on the 8th floor. The helicoptor wakes you up alot and so does the nurse coming in to give meds and monitor blood pressure and urine output. When I say alot...I mean ALOT! I slept on the little bed that kinda feels like rock under me but it was ok, I was here with Tony. They gave him a dose last night at 10:30 and again at 6:30 am and again at 2:30pm and we are waiting for more now. He was very VERY tired today and a little swollen and red but really not in pain right now, he is just sick. The doctors came in today about 11am...all 20 of them or so. They told him not to drink so much water because it will leak into his muscles and skin when his one kidney stops or slows functioning because of the meds. He gained about 3 lbs of water today. He walked a little bit and tried to be as happy as Tony can be when he feels like shit. Ashley and Meghan (my stepdaughters) came in from Tenn. to visit and help when needed. They are taking care of Roxy too! (THANKS)
Tony is being so well taken care of and IL-2 seems to be something very special and sacred around here, it has not been administered here for over a year, specially trained doctors and nurses are here round the clock just for Tony. It makes me feel so much better! Tony is now getting his 5th dose and is sleeping soundly right this second. His nurses are awesome, I couldn't ask for any better or better qualified! They seem to think he will be in ICU soon...his blood pressure dropped this evening to about80/40 so they had to give him IV fluids and lasiks to help him pee, it came back up for now. They said no ones ever stays up so be prepared but for now....its ok. Tony needs to rest....I need to rest...maybe tonight and tomorrow we can some! Dear Heavenly Father please watch over my husband and keep him comfortable tonight....and safe...right this minute that is all that I want...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment