Thursday, July 29, 2010

No No No you can't give up, Thurs. night

Tonight was pretty tough, Tony was very ill this morning, then he was ok for a few hours. He wanted some real food so I went and got us chinese. He can't taste much of anything right now but I got him some any way. I am exhaused so this is short and sweet tonight! He was terribly sick this evening. They still couldn't get his blood pressure up so they started Dopamine...well the dopamine raised his pressure some and made his heart pound so hard I could see it pounding outside of his gown and on his throat...not just a hard beat..im talking I've never seen a heart pound like that...Tony said he could feel it pumping in his skull. And then he started getting very nauseous and throwing up....I kept rubbing his face with cold wash cloths and calling for the nurse to get him some nausea meds. It went away for a while then it came back. It was almost time to get his 10th round of IL-2. After a while things got better and the nurse gave him several pain meds and an Ambien....he was hot/cold/hot/cold...I was freezing...its only about 60 degrees in here! So after a little bit he started to feel better...he got his IL-2 and the old nurse from upstairs told the new nurse what med to give Tony next time for nausea. Tony has been sleeping for a little while looking so comfortable and content. yaaaay finally! He was very antsy and uncomfortable all day, he just couldn't get situated in the right spot or something...anyway RIGHT NOW he is sleeping...itching from all the pain meds but still sleeping....and if I stay up one more minute I will be in the next room in a coma soon from lack of sleep! Tony was ready to give up today...he won't, He can't, I need him.....and I won't let him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment