Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thurs. and ICU

Well right as I was finishing that last blog, the nurse came in and said he was going to ICU now, Tony's blood pressure was dropping alot and then going back up. He was feeling light headed and getting pretty sick feeling. (and very very grumpy I might add) So we moved from a suite where he had a nice view, it was quiet, calm, I had a bed, to a teeny tiny little corner of a room in ICU. LOUD and smelled like urine. I couldn't stop crying, Tony was just looking bad and feeling like shit. I knew this is going to be when he really feels the effects of the IL-2. They started giving him fluids and meds to raise his blood pressure. The doctor said it was still too low so he did NOT get his 8th does of IL-2 last night. That upset both us, if they would have put in the correct (double) pic line then he could have gotten his IL-2 AND the pressure meds. But of course someone messed up! THAT is what made me mad, Tony is here for IL-2, the less he gets of it the less it will help. That is how I feel anyway...I'm not sure. So Tony tried to sleep in this not too dark room, his blood pressure kept changing and everything kept beeping. He was not too happy. I slept in a hospital recliner, ummmm I mean I sat in one...I don't think I actually slept. They finally got his pressure to 85/60 so they went ahead and gave him his 6:30 does of IL-2. His pressure dropped pretty fast. It was actually just 48/39 when I looked up but they have to wait and see if the x-ray for the new pic is in correct position. So he is feeling very bad right now, sleeping but very very restless. I'm not sure if they will let me stay tonight but we will see. Tony wants me to so I will if I can. He just wants to sleep..not talk, TV or anything...just sleep. Im calling nurse now...his blood pressure is 71/30....that doesn't sound good to me....Dear Heavenly father please be here for me and Tony today....please..Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment