Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday and IL-2 does # 6,7 & 8

It was pretty rough last night, Tonys blood pressure kept dropping lower and lower and they were getting ready to send him to ICU...BUT they gave him some fluids and something called lasiks and it climbed back up some...they would like it to be 90/50 or higher. It was around 82/48. He took a shower and then felt very very bad all morning. He didn't eat anything, drank just a little and just slept. He was cold and getting something they call "rigors" (shaking bad). I took a shower and got prepared to go to ICU too. I have my "things" here, on the oncology floor..I'm not allowed in ICU so I got ready to go. Finally all the docs came in and said he would be staying "for now" but expect things to go downhill from here. They keep explaining what is going to happen. Hmmmmmm I'm waiting! My husband is just a bad ass....just sayin! We usually get woke up at 1 am, 2,3,4..you get the picture. I turned both of our phones down, we both really really needed to sleep. (so if u do not get an answer..thats why) We realized that 10:30 until about 1 is a GREAT time to sleep around here! When Tony woke up his puffiness had gone down and he felt alot better. Still very very worn out he said and like he has the flu BUT alot better than he felt in the morning. Ashley and Meghan got here a little after that and we just sat quietly doing our things, they did crafts, I TRIED to play frontierville all day but it wouldn't load today (help I.T.!!!!) I ordered Tony some food, he didn't want anything BUT if he eats then his blood pressure stays up some then he stays in a reg. room! so yes..I'm forcing food on him! He ate...he usually knows that I know what I'm talking about :)
it's 9pm and he is due for his 8th does in 1.5 hrs and his pressure has stayed up and he is just tired. So for now we stay here and he is sleeping with the baseball game on. I hope everyone understands how much he needs to sleep, he isn't recovering, he is slowly being poisoned and just needs his rest. I am just content for this minute to watch him sleep and know that he isn't in pain, or feeling nauseous, or hurting as long as he's sleeping. I will do whatever it takes to make him comfy and happy....and help him rest! Dear Jesus, please watch over and protect my husband and keep him as comfortable as possible while this drug does what it is meant to do, please hold him gently and provide some comfort to Tony in this time of need, help me to understand that this process is what is necessary to have my healthy husband back. I ask that you guide his doctors to do what is best and just help ease his discomforts and worries. Please please help me with patience, and understanding and grace...if this is your will...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment