Tuesday, August 3, 2010

He still used the steps!

Well I still didn't get enough sleep...or at least that is what it feels like. I hope this exhaustion goes away!!!
WOW they said Tonys skin would peel and and be very dry..ummmm his face, head, hands, ears (inside and out)are all peeling..bad. He just looks so old and sick right now :( I don't like it, he don't like it. It will go away!! it will!
Tony slept through a message from his doc this morning asking him to come in at 11 for a Doppler ultrasound on his legs :( I called and they said well he has an appointment with his oncologist at 1:30 so she will see what his legs look like then and maybe they can send him across the hall to vascular for tests. So when Tony got up this morning he was in a lot of pain still, he couldn't hardly walk to the bathroom...or even just stand there to pee. He was in a LOT of pain. I helped with his shorts and socks and finally into the car. His legs are ok laying down or sitting on soft surfaces so the drive that I was dreading wasn't too bad. (The doctor is an hour away) Well we got there and I got teary eyed. 3 years ago after Tony had his kidney removed and was recovering he told himself that he was going to be ok as long as he could make it up the steps and not use the elevator. I thought for sure he was going to use the elevator today...he didn't. Did I mention that Tony is bad ass????? He walked up the steps...slow...but he did it. On the way down..it was harder...he said he wished he would have used the elevator..but he didn't. He made it! yaaaaay!! Thank you Jesus for letting him make it!!! Please let him make it up those steps every time....please
Well the doctor sent him across the hall for his Doppler. Of course he has blood clots in his artery from his groin to his knee (right). I could see it on the screen...nothing..where there should be something! I hate that for him..He had clots 3 yrs ago and they cause us BOTH pain. I had to give him injections daily and put those damn tight stockings on him! (its so much easier to get stockings on a man who is not deathly sick! and can help!!!) Tony was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with blood clotting mutation called "Lupus anticoagulant" AND "Factor V Leiden" both of these mutations cause thrombosis. So we knew that this might be an issue BUT it still hurts! I have to give Tony Lovenox injections in his belly twice a day now...ughhh and He has to wear those damn stockings again. I have to comment real quick about how AWESOME everyone is at Tonys oncologist office! Dr. O is just awesome, her PA Patty and her nurse Amanda are just A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! They are all so helpful, and caring and funny! (Tony laughed seeing Patty and Amanda and Angela climb on the sink trying to reach something on the top shelf today!)
He is feeling much better today, his blood counts are getting closer to normal now. He said he feels like he has the flu today and is just tired! Rick and Jenny our best friends came today and OMG they always cheer us up! He is looking forward to friends from work visiting tomorrow and maybe Thurs. He WANTED to go to a dirt race Friday...Ummmmmmm that is NOT gonna happen if I have to tie him up! dirt in lungs and hard bench on blood clotted legs???? nope! The doc said Tony will for sure start his second round Sunday and they will continue his Lovenox shots while he is in the hospital. OH and Thank you Jesus for making Tony NOT grumpy today...he actually said thank you and sorry for being grumpy! AND he called me his angel...awwwwwww I love you Tony...everything is going to be as God planned. And I will always be your Angel...Always. That is what I'm here for.....

No comments:

Post a Comment