Sunday, August 1, 2010

No More IL-2 for now.....Sunday 8-1

Well Tony has had enough IL-2 for now, his body cannot handle anymore. We will go back to the hospital again This Sunday 8-8 and do this whole process again. The doc said that everything will be different next time. We will see...like I said before..My husband is a bad ass....so bring it on! Sat night we were waiting to go back to the oncology floor, they had a room (they said) and then they didn't. UGHHHHHH so we had to stay in ICU again for the last night. I had everything all packed and ready to go...we were both just so ready for peace and quiet! So after I pouted for a while, I helped Tony shower and get all refreshed. Straightened his bed. Ordered some food. And had the nurse come in to hook him back up to everything...she said she didn't need to hook him back up...yaaaaay! FINALLY Tony could sleep on his side and stomach and not have tubes and pressure cuffs and monitors hooked up everywhere! That also means the monitors will not be beeping and alarming all night. We had a really great nurse that brought me in some cookies, chips and soda. She explained that for the next 4 to 5 weeks Tony should be very careful with germs. Everyone he is in contact with should be careful and use germ x, People that he should avoid is anyone that has had a vaccine in the past month, who is around alot of small children , or anyone who isn't feeling well or sick (even a cold). His immune system is not working correctly right now because of his blood counts dropping and all the IL-2. His counts will continue to drop this week, and he has to be extra cautious. He is supposed to flush the toilet a couple times when he uses it and he cannot get any fluids on him or me..(he is toxic)
I know some peeps read my facebook posts last week about Tony wanting me to work through all of this and I was getting mad lol...ummmm he has told me several times this week "Thank you so much for being here with me and I needed you" (I told you so..will not be said..outloud! lol) Tony was thinking about our bills and checking account..."I" was thinking about the man I love more than anything......THAT is what is important.....
We came home today (THANK YOU JESUS!) We are both sooo happy to be home! Toni and Russ and Sierra brought us lunch today and picked the garden (danke!) and Thanks Toni for cleaning the bathrooms! Now all I can think about is sleep....but sleep and Tony is all that I HAVE to think about now! Tony is feeling ok, NOT great but ok...he is very very tired and is still swollen. His feet and legs are hurting him and I'm making him keep them elevated. He has skin peeling in and around his ears and face and has a headache. This is all from the IL-2 and will go away in time. The doctor said he should start feeling good by Friday...just in time to do it all again. ughhhh
He has another week of IL-2 starting 8-8, then the following week he has a CAT scan. If the scan shows that the tumor is shrinking or is the same....then they will do all this again. 1 week of IL-2 and 1 week off then 1 week on and 1 week off. A total of 4 weeks inpatient IL-2 treatments. Tony had a very rough week and I hope he can recover and rest and have an awesome week here at home and pretend that things are normal for a while! I need a little normal! He does too! Normal for us is walking to the pond, doing a little fishing, checking the garden, cooking, watching some late night tv together and eating nachos in bed. Playing some cards with our best buds Rick and Jenny or just sitting around talking and laughing..we laugh aLOT....THAT is our life....I want it back! Tony has a Dr. appt Tues just for a follow up....goodnight all and Thank You for all the prayers....Thanks you Jesus for IL-2 and the possibilities.....

No comments:

Post a Comment