Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday, In ICU still....

Tony's itching just got worse throughout the night last night. He didn't sleep for more than a maybe 20 minutes at a time but even then he was scratching and kicking and moving around all erratically. I was scratching him and calling the nurse. Scratching him and telling the nurse to call the Dr. SHIT...i really had NO IDEA what I could do to help him...I'm sitting here typing this with tears streaming down my face at the thought of such pain and my helplessness. It was 3am and it was all I could do to hold my eyes open. But I stood next to his bed with my hand rubbing his hair for almost an hour..just praying, pleading and begging God to provide comfort for Tony and give me his pain and his itching. I couldn't believe how bad he was. I stayed there because it seemed to give him a little comfort for a while. I don't know if it was working but I felt like it was for a little bit. Then I just sat on the edge of my recliner praying even harder. Tony had so my medication he couldn't hardly speak but he could scratch. I don't think we started to really try to sleep until about 7am..and even then no one would leave us alone because his pressure was low..until about 10am. We slept until about 1 I think. His itching pretty much stopped by then and he ate a little lunch and slept. If his blood pressure stays up over 90/60 for a while they lower his med dosage that raises it. then we can go to a regular room with a couch and shower. Nope..it's not gonna happen today. Every time he sleeps his pressure drops. So we are stuck in ICU tonight too. Tomorrow hopeful we will go to a regular room and he can't go home until his Creatinin is 1.8-2 and right now it is 2.6 and it was 2.7 for the past couple days so I'm not sure how long that will take...I was hoping a few hours :) But I don't think so! I went downstairs and got us dinner and we ate together and chatted some. But he still feels pretty rough. My bed is calling my name so bad that is all I can think about right now...this chair SUCKS! I freaking HATE it! I really want to scream "I HATE THIS CHAIR" but I think they'd kick me out! I thank everyone here at U.C. Hospital who made it possible for me to stay with Tony for these 2 weeks and the nurses that brought me snacks and took care of me and Tony so well. Jessica on the 8th floor is just amazing! We love her! and Scarlett in ICU is very professional and took care of EVERYTHING that all the other nurses didn't feel like doing...very efficient! I like that in a person. Several nurses that Tony had last time came to check on us this week. So sweet! I hope to become sunshiny Teri again and not always sound so gloomy but Holy Cow this week......this was the week from Hell! I'm going to watch some TV with Tony now.... Kisses to Tori who is taking care of house and Roxy this week! Keep praying for me and Tony. And keep praying for my broken hearted loved one...please. Thank you God for prayers anwered!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment