Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday! Tomorrow we go home :)

Last night Tony started itching again...OMG I don't think we could have another night like Friday. UGHHHHH The itching wasn't quite so bad but neither of us slept. It was bad enough. They were giving him all the meds that they could, I rubbed some lotion on his neck and shoulders. I dunno why it's at night? The nurse came in all night long to fix his BP cuff and give him more pills...it was just continuous. Actually it was so bad, me and Tony were eating chocolate chip cookies at 4am and I was doing my Frontierville, I have been working on that farm so much this week Tony asked me if he could see my farmers tan. lol Silly Man! This morning first thing they said he hadn't had any Neo to raise his pressure all night and it's holding around 95/70 so we could go to a regular room! WOOTWOOT! HALLELUJAH. We need to sleep so bad that is all we can think about! Finally we went upstairs, we had a GREAT view of the city (8th floor). I got Tonys stuff ready so he could take a shower, he hadn't had a "shower" since last Sunday. He couldn't wait! As he was in there I thought I smelled smoke. Then I was sure of it. I mentioned it to the nurse, yep they have had a problem with the woman in the next room. The manager will probably kick her out Monday. She is smoking in her bathroom. But in the meantime Tonys Dr. came in and said he needs to move. Tony shouldn't be around that at all. His lungs are fragile. IL-2 is the hardest chemo there is, so you can imagine how harmful smoke could be to Tony right now. I'm just thinking "hmmmm what a freaking dumbass!" to be smoking..in a hospital, on the oncology floor. So we moved rooms, a much bigger room. A huge shower but not the magnificent view. I just wanna sleep anyway...who cares! My sister called and asked if we wanted her and her family to bring us dinner. Tony said YES, I want Larosa's. So after he had a 3 hour nap and I had a 2 hour nap..my twin Toni, Russ, Shelby and Sierra brought us pizza and diet Mt. Dew. This was the BEST! Hospital food is ok but after a week in ICU we both needed real food. Ashley and Meg brought me food last time we were here. Food brought in to patients and caretakers is ALWAYS welcome...lol just sayin! Well it's Sunday night now and Tony started to itch again. The nurse already gave him IV Benadryl and I rubbed and rubbed tons of lotion on his neck and back. We will see (Please God Let us rest?? no itching pleaseeeee. Amen) His creatinin level is already down to where it needs to be to go home but we have to wait until Tomorrow (THANK YOU JESUS) I have a important cardiologist appt tom. that can't be canceled, We were hoping we could go home Today but Yaaaaaay! Tomorrow is fine. Tony has an appt with his oncologist on Tuesday and we will know more about when his scans are and what to do next. I am sitting on the couch that pulls out to a bed, I napped here today as well. Do you even know HOW awesome it is to lay flat, on your side, or however you want when all you've had for a week is a recliner? I woke up every night about 125 times, with numb arms, hands, legs, ass. I can't wait to sleep tonight. Thank you Jesus that Tony is now healing and we are almost home!! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment