Sunday, October 31, 2010

FINALLY! WE'RE HOME....

I don't even remember NOT writing my blog last night! strange....
Well yesterday the nurse told us that Tonys potassium is too high and heparin levels were off. So they gave him more blood thinners and had him drink 2 bottles of some brown stuff called Kayexalate. Just a word of caution...unless you WANT to be embarrassed, live on the toilet for 2 days, and feel yukky..DON'T drink this stuff! RUN!!!! SO it was a day of me changing sheets, helping out, cleaning up, asking for medication and keeping Tony as happy as possible! (which wasn't easy) Tony's blood pressure finally got high enough that he wasn't on Neo Synephrine anymore and he could go to a regular room. BUT they didn't have any available until 8pm on the oncology floor. UGHHHHH He was tired of the tiny room and I was tired of that FREAKING CHAIR AND having to move that chair every time we went to the bathroom..the room was so small! We were sitting there chatting with the nurse..she was great! and she came and said HEY they have a room now! woot!!! I think it was about 3 or 4?? We moved upstairs into the room we were originally in Sunday! The biggest room on the floor with the awesome sunset view! We got settled in, Tony now only had a Heparin drip..that was it! yaaaay! I ordered Pizza from Adriatico's and we sat at the little table and chatted and laughed some and ate! The view from that little beat up table was awesome..it was almost like we were at a nice restaurant..in sweats and hospital gown! Tony has little blisters in his mouth so he didn't eat much. He said the sauce burned..poor guy! That pizza was great! Then we walked around the floor 3 times, it makes a big circle. OH now I know why I didn't blog..I was falling asleep doing my frontierville on Facebook at 8:30 and could NOT hold my eyes open..that's why!!! I made my bed, changed my clothes, gave Tony a long hug and he said "well we made it", he was so relieved! I had tears in my eyes....I said "yes baby WE MADE IT, THANK GOD".....I layed down and fell asleep at 9pm. That is 6 or 7 hours earlier than normal for me! I was freezing and just didn't feel well. I slept until Tony woke me up scratching..wow it sounded like no scratching I have ever heard. He did this all night long..digging into his skin..and every time I woke up he was awake and still scratching. I slept on and off for 13 hrs. NOT a restful sleep obviously but sleep. Today at 9am the Dr.s came in and said everything looked pretty good with blood work and he could go home! They said his blood levels will continue to fall some this week so be careful with germs, dust, leaves, people that don't feel well, etc. I had Tori vacuum Friday to keep the dust down. The ride home was HELL, Tony felt horrible, had horrible car sickness, he was burning up and had the A/C on the whole hour ride home. I think there was frost on my dashboard and I was freezing!!!!!!!! BUT I just wanted him to be comfortable. As soon as we got home he started dry heaving and vomiting. I think it scared Tori some, she was still here. I gave him some anti nausea meds and he wanted some soup. Our friends Rick and Jenny picked up some groceries for us and she made Tony some cream of potato soup, he asked for it, lol. He ate some and then started vomiting again. Poor guy! He finally fell asleep and slept for hours...then ate some more soup and slept some more! I was trying to do some laundry and stuff..I got one load complete and I'm just exhausted..I wish I could wiggle my nose and everything be done!I cannot move anymore...I am headed to the hot tub in a few, maybe have a glass of wine, might watch a missed greys Anatomy and sleeeeeeep! OH and our lights are on and no one came here for candy tonight! hahahha It is kinda scary back here in the dark..but I had some candy just in case! Guess I'll eat it :)
Dear Heavenly Father...
Give me the strength to show compassion and care, to ease Tony's pain & frustraion, to help him smile, help me to show him, that life is still precious...in the midst of illness and uncertainty. Help me to calm his worries and fears and remind him to laugh!
Help us both enjoy the simple things and the little moments life has to offer..
Shower us with your love and let us enjoy the peace that this week has to offer us...Always in your awesome name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment