Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I THINK it's Tuesday.....

Last night Tony had his IL-2 at almost 11pm. I told the nurse he will need Demerol for his "rigors" about 2 or 3am so be prepared...well almost 3 he started getting cold and shaking..Rigors are like when you are shaking from the inside out, like you are naked in Alaska and can't get warm. One shot of Demerol and it goes away but in the meantime Tony is shaking so bad all of his muscles hurt and I gave him my covers..even my sweatshirt to get him warm..why you ask?? because I told the nurse to be prepared right??? WELL she didn't order it from pharmacy until I called. WTF is wrong with people????? I could have punch her freaking head off! Tony MADE me be nice. Then he was shaking so bad he started throwing up. I was getting more mad but I promised I'd be nice..so I said Can you PLEASE get him IV nausea meds now please..I thought that sounded nice! Tony's pressure dropped so low that they didn't give him his 6:30 dose. He has only urinated twice in 24 hours..that worries the doctors. Vascular leaking is what this is called...I know I've explained it all before. He was moved to ICU this afternoon. He did get his IL-2 dose at 2:30 today and has been feeling hot/cold/grumpy etc ever since. I don't really have a lot to say right now except I'm very tired and Tony feels like shit. oh yeah we were going to move into an ICU room with a shower...ummmm but because of all the rain..it has flooded so now we are stuck in the big room without a shower...awesome! Tony should get his last dose of the day at 10:30pm. Please keep us in your prayers....I have to try to rest...is is really only Tuesday????

No comments:

Post a Comment