Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ummm I don't know what day it is.....

Me and Tony are trying not to feel upset right now...he hasn't had a dose of IL-2 since last night at 10:30. He will not get one until hopefully tomorrow morning at 6:30am. His blood pressure was too low and they were giving him 3 things intravenously to raise it but they were working too slow. His heart rate would speed up to 145 then drop to 45 and he was gasping for air. It has been a rough day...Tony hasn't felt horrible but he hasn't felt good at all. He was given several meds last night to relax him and help him sleep. He slept very good for quite a while. I think I slept from 1:30am til 3am and then little bits here and there. OH then we had a nurse that..I dunno liked to come into the room..every ten minutes. Took his temp, then ask the date, left, then came back to give him meds, then left, then came back and woke us up to give him Tylenol...they only give Tylenol if he gets his IL-2. This went on allllll dayyyy longggg. She did not quite understand how to set the pumps so needless to say all 5 of his IV pumps were beeping every ten minutes FOR 12 HOURS...I'm NOT kidding. She was new to the MICU unit. And a pretty new nurse anyway but when I don't have sleep and Tony doesn't feel good..I get a little bitchy! Then the dreaded blood culture she was doing, taking the blood out of his hand...it was unnecessary and caused him too much pain, he has veins in his arms..ughhh, He has a double PIK line and another IV. anyway...just venting. They were looking for a room in MICU with a shower and bathroom with a door since Tony can move around and "I" am here too. (The other one just has a curtain in front of a toilet but the room was very big.) The first room they were going to give us was leaking on the bed last night...so we waited...no big deal we had a huge room. Tonight they moved us to our "new" room. I think it used to be a closet perhaps????? OH and HERE is the kicker. The light in the bathroom doesn't work AND there is no shower curtain. ummmmmmm OK that's all I can say about that right now...we did manage to get it fixed.
I'm rambling because we both feel a little let down about him not getting his dose tonight....but we figured they know what they are doing BUT when you sit around here and watch and listen you realize alot of people THINK they know alot and maybe they know a little less than what they think. Just an opinion...
For over an hour a young woman was screaming and yelling and crying. I hate hearing and feeling someones pain so much and not being able to do anything to help...
She did not succeed with her wish to end her life and it just made me very very sad for her...Tony is fighting so hard for his life because he wants to live, his life is awesome, we are very happy...and to know someone is so sad and lonely and full of pain to try to end hers makes me think too much....I wish her life was awesome..I will pray for her. Aunt Martha is too sick to read the book I sent her, and Tony is here in the hospital again..I have a lot of praying to do tonight and some thinking...and hopefully we can sleep tonight! we will need it tomorrow for sure! I WILL be more positive tomorrow but like I said..I need sleep to do that...Keep us all in your prayers please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment