Monday, November 15, 2010

I dunno, is it Monday??

Wow...I am used to Mondays after IL-2 weeks being so so and not great but NOT like today at all. Tonys joints hurt so bad right now he can't even turn over in bed by himself, or pick up a cup of water and take a drink. He has a fever and has been sleeping all day. His hand and his shoulder hurt so bad and his legs are still very swollen. I FINALLY got the stockings on his legs yesterday to help swelling, WOW that job wears me OUT. I am giving him the max amount of pain killers right now and it is barely touching his pain...Oxycontin, oxycodone, lorazapam and tylenol and he still hurts and can't turn over on his own...wth??? Rick and Jenny Baker brought over some gatorade for him, (the are just awesome friends)I was worried about him getting dehydrated with his fever and everything and I couldn't leave him. He ate a tiny bit earlier but that came back up. Every time I walk by the room I make him take a drink or I just make a special trip to make him. I have been staying on this side of the house because I am so worried he might need something..I can't do the laundry because I might not hear him if he needs me! Poor guy!
He looked in the mirror when he went to the bathroom and said "WOW I look like a walking dead man" and yep...that is pretty much how he looks today...
I got everything unpacked, everything put away, all of the mail opened, some funds transferred and calls made, and I made myself dinner. I am NOW not so overwhelmed. I didn't even take a shower today because I really didn't feel like leaving Tony where I couldn't hear him. Today really has been hell and I was trying not to cry and stay busy but SHIT...a girl can only handle so much! I don't know how much more Tony can handle either, I sure hope IL-2 isn't anywhere in the near future!!! I think THAT could push me over the edge into insanity!!!
Please keep us in your prayers...
Thanks Jeff and Theresa for the VERY generous gifts cards, it means the world to us and Rick and Jenny Riggs (my children's dad/ex husband and his wife) for the VERY VERY generous check today and the amazing get well card. Jenny wrote the sweetest message and I cried for hours. Good good people with very big hearts!! It is times like this when you really realize how awesome God is and how amazing people can be! Thank you everyone that has helped us in some way...even in prayer.
I hear Tony snoring right now...yaaay that means he is NOT in pain and maybe I can rest...

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things_Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment