Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Sunday!! Thank God...going home later

I didn't blog yesterday...mainly because I was so overwhelmed, so exhausted and so sad that I just couldn't. Yesterday was NOT a great day, Tony was very grumpy, the nurse overnight sucked! She was just a lazy sorry human being. Tony was in so much pain and she would bring him him meds 45 min. later..grrrr.. Enough about that. We both slept a total of maybe 1 or 2 hrs Friday night, so needless to say Sat was horrible. I cried alot, Tony cried some and we were just so ready to be finished with IL-2 and this freaking hospital. We both need some much needed rest. Yesterday we moved to the oncology floor, I helped Tony take a shower and get changed then I changed his bed, I immediatly made my bed, changed my clothes and fell asleep. Tony was under the influence of TONS of pain killers so he was asleep too. We ate a little bit and slept some more. We hugged each other and cried and slept some more. TV was off at 8:30. Tony started itching very bad so I massaged Eucerin cream all over him and rubbed aquaphor on his shin, I had the nurse bandage it. The ICU unit left his blood pressure cuff on too long and it was NASTY and burned his skin. I HOPE it doesn't get infected. NO ONE can understand the traumatic experience this is...I didn't know, I would have never believed. This is hell. That is all I can say. It is HELL for Tony, on his body, on his mind, on his skin, it is Hell for me, on my mind, on my strength, on my faith, on our bank account, on Roxy, on our kids... on EVERYTHING...and I never want to go through this again. So I'm going to cry some more and try to rest. Thank you Jesus that this is over for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment