Friday, November 12, 2010

My husband is kicking cancers ass, 32 doses of IL-2

I am really toooo tired for blogging so this will be quick. Tony had his 32nd dose of HD IL-2 today. He is finished. Today was horrible for him, (see yesterdays blog, it was like that! only not quite as bad) They don't "think" that he should do anymore but we are not sure. We really like to live one day at a time right now so I really don't want to ask TONS of questions, just the right amount I think. His tumor shrank after the first 2 weeks, now with 2 more weeks complete we hope it shrank some more, if it did that is awesome, if it didn't we will do what needs to be done. He will have to have surgery to remove the adrenal gland tumor soon. We do not have dates or anything yet, I take him to see his oncologist the week of Thanksgiving, then he will have another scan in 6-8 weeks, so we shall see. IL-2 continues to work up to 12 months IF it is working...and it did last time...we shall see and we shall pray. Tony is still so drugged I can barely understand his sluggish words, but I'm trying! It is getting better. He blood pressure is getting closer to normal so they are using less Neo. He did eat dinner tonight, just a little..his mouth and tongue are very sore from the IL-2. It causes blisters and peeling and itching and all that bad stuff. We are still in the MICU tonight but hopefully he gets moved to a regular room tomorrow. They need to make sure EVERYTHING is safe to send him home which probably won't be until Sunday..we can hope. I NEED MY BED! I'm falling asleep and I hope this even makes sense..goodnight all and Thank you Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment